If you have any questions about our child care grants, please contact Sonja Banks at email@example.com or 206.526.7944.
The 2018 Child Care Grant Application was open April 2-May 18, 2018, for funding beginning fall 2018. The application is now closed. Please complete the Interested Student Form if you would like to be considered for a One-Time Child Care Grant. Our One-Time Child Care Grants are typically awarded later in the school year when additional funding may become available.
The following documents will be required for your initial application:
School and Financial Information
- You must intend to be or already are a FULL-TIME student, and registered at one of our participating institutions. Initial applicants need to provide us with a fall schedule as soon as possible.
- If you are already enrolled in school, we will need a complete academic transcript including all coursework from previous colleges and universities you have attended – you must have a 2.5 overall GPA or better.
- A copy of your 2018-19 SAR (Student Aid Report) and FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid Report ) which can be completed at the FAFSA site.
- A copy of your 2018-2019 financial aid award letter from the school you will be attending in the coming school year.
- Meet our income guidelines. Your adjusted gross income from the previous tax year (2017) must not exceed 250% of the current federal poverty measure for your family. To qualify, your annual household income in 2017 must be less than or equal to the income level below:
Family Size Annual Family Income 2 $41,150 3 $51,950 4 $62,750 5 $73,550 6 $84,350 7 $95,150 8 $105,950
Essay and References
- Initial applicants must provide a 2-3 page essay addressing the following:
- In your own words, please tell us about yourself and why you are applying for a child care grant from Seattle Milk Fund.
- Please describe your short-term and long-term goals, and how you plan to achieve them.
- Please describe how your education will benefit you, your family, and your community.
- Applicants will be asked to provide an email contact for one reference who knows you in a professional or academic context, and who can speak to your eligibility and why you would benefit from the child care grant. We do not accept reference letters from spouses, relatives, or friends.