If you have any questions about our child care grants, please contact Sonja Banks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.526.7944.
The 2017 Child Care Grant Application for funding beginning in fall 2017 has closed.
The 2018 Child Care Grant Application will open in April 2018 for funding in fall 2018.
If you are interested in receiving an email notification when the application goes live,
please fill out the interested student form.
If you do not meet the requirements for our Child Care Grant Program, you may be eligible for a one-time child care scholarship.
The following documents will be required for your initial application:
School and Financial Information
- You must be a FULL-TIME student, and registered at one of our participating institutions. Initial applicants need to provide us with a fall schedule as soon as possible.
- If you are in school, we will need a complete academic transcript – you must have a 2.5 overall GPA or better.
- A copy of your 2017-18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Report which can be downloaded from the FAFSA site. We do not want your Financial Aid Status Notification Report.
Essay and References
- Initial applicants must provide a 2-3 page long essay addressing the following:
- In your own words, please tell us about yourself and why you are applying for a child care grant from Seattle Milk Fund.
- Please describe your short-term and long-term goals, and how you plan to achieve them.
- Please describe how your education will benefit you, your family, and your community.
- Applicants will be asked to provide an email contact for one reference who knows you in a professional or academic context, and who can speak to your eligibility and why you would benefit from the child care grant. We do not accept reference letters from spouses, relatives, or friends.