New students: Applications for new students are available in May (for funding beginning the following Fall quarter). If you would like additional information about our application, please complete our interested students form.
Complete an initial application only if you meet all of our eligibility requirements. Please call the office at 206.526.7944 if you have any questions about the process or any particular form. All application parts must be submitted by the application deadline in order to receive funding. If you need to fax us part of your application, our fax number is 206.526.7292.
The following documents will be required for your initial application:
School and Financial Information
- Class schedule for upcoming quarter – you must be a FULL-TIME STUDENT (12 credits for Fall, Winter, Spring and 10 in Summer) registered at one of our participating institutions.
- If you are in school, we will need current transcripts of your grades – you must have a 2.5 overall GPA or better.
- A copy of your most recent Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report which can be downloaded from the FAFSA site. We do not want your Financial Aid Status Notification (Report).
Essay and References
- Initial applicants must provide a 2-3 page long essay addressing the following:
- In your own words, please tell us about yourself and why you are applying for a grant from Seattle Milk Fund.
- Please describe your short-term and long-term goals, and how you plan to achieve them.
- Please describe how your education will benefit you, your family, and your community.
- Applicants will be asked to provide contact information for one reference, preferably from an educator or employer, who can speak to your eligibility for and benefit from the grant. We do not accept reference letters from spouses or relatives.