Passionate about helping families? We are looking for your energy! Share your time and talents with us and get those feel-good feelings that come with giving back to your community. From one-time event volunteers to periodic committee or office work, we are looking for every kind of volunteer. Contact us at email@example.com or 206-526-7944 to begin volunteering and to be put on our volunteer opportunity email list.
Open volunteer positions:
- Child Care Program Advocate – This is a great, flexible position that allows you to directly connect with the students in our program. This at-home position requires, on average, one hour of volunteering per month. Our advocates support our students and their families throughout the academic quarter by providing encouragement, resources, and guidance as they progress towards graduation. By volunteering for this position, you will be offering our students the best preparation for life after graduation — giving them a much-needed boost for today’s competitive job market. Program Advocates are also welcome to attend Program Committee Meetings every other month.
- Storytime Volunteer – Share your love of books and storytelling with the children that attend the SMF approved child care/preschool sites. This role can be once a week to once a month – whichever works best with your schedule.
- Application Reviewer – Assist the Program Committee with reviewing applications for acceptance in our Child Care Grant Program in May. This role takes place in the office.
- First Friday of the Month Club – We are always looking for people to help out in and around our office. Help us thank donors by writing letters, organize files, research development contacts, and more! This is a 2-3-hour volunteer ‘drop-in’ commitment on the first Friday of each month. Office volunteers are also invited to attend Advancement Committee Meetings every other month.
- Event Volunteer – There are a variety of volunteer positions available for our events…welcome guests, assist with event planning, procure donated items, and more! Volunteer shifts are typically 4 hours in length. Event volunteers are also welcome to attend Advancement Committee Meetings every other month.
- Create Your Own Fundraiser – Plan an event to benefit SMF programs! Tell us about your planned event and we will help promote it to our supporters and community.