Passionate about helping families? We are looking for your energy! Share your time and talents with us and get those feel-good feelings that come with giving back to your community. From one-time event volunteers to periodic committee or office work, we are looking for every kind of volunteer. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-526-7944 to begin volunteering and to be put on our volunteer opportunity email list.
Open volunteer positions:
- Advocate – This is a great, flexible position that allows you to directly connect with the families in our program. This at-home position requires, on average, one hour of volunteering per month. Our advocates support our students and their families throughout the academic quarter by providing encouragement, resources, and guidance as they progress towards graduation. By volunteering for this position, you will be offering our students the best preparation for life after graduation — giving them a much-needed boost for today’s competitive job market.
- Storytime Volunteer – Share your love of books and storytelling with the children that attend SMF approved childcare/preschool sites. This role can be once a week to once a month – whichever works best with your schedule. Thank you to Third Place Books for curating our Storytime book list with inspired read-aloud books with diverse characters.
- Create Your Own Fundraiser – Plan an event to benefit SMF programs! Tell us about your planned event and we will help promote it to our supporters and community.
- Mission Moments – Specific volunteer activities happening at our office or during events where you can assist with program or fundraising activities and learn more about the families you are supporting!
May 2019 and January 2020 – Application Reviewer – Assist with reviewing applications for acceptance into the Family Connections Program through our community review process. This role takes place in the office, just let us know what time works best for you.
Week of June 17, 2019 – Welcome Packet Assembly – Help us put packets together as we welcome our new cohort of families into the Family Connections Program.
Week of July 29, 2019 – Luncheon Invitation Stuffing Party – Help us send out Luncheon invitations to our supporters all this week!
September 18, 2019, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. – Fueling Futures Luncheon – Volunteers are needed to help with all aspects of the event. From welcoming guests at registration to selling raffle tickets. We need your help in making our largest fundraiser of the year a success for our families.
Week of December 9, 2019 – Winter Celebration Prep – Lend a hand as we prepare for a fun and festive family event for the parents and children in our program. Organize and package gifts for our families that have been donated by our supporters.
December 14, 2019, 8 a.m.-12 noon – Winter Celebration – Volunteer at our annual event for families by serving food, welcoming families, setting up the venue, helping with tear-down, handing out gift bags, and making our guests feel comfortable.
Anytime – Write Acknowledgment Notes to Donors. We love to express our gratitude! Help us send handwritten notes to our supporters.
Contact us at email@example.com or 206-526-7944 to begin volunteering and to be put on our volunteer opportunity email list.
Board of Trustees and Committees
- Board Member – Seattle Milk Fund is currently recruiting new board members who are passionate about helping families create brighter futures through higher education. Those who want to share their expertise in the fields of Legal, HR, Finance, Marketing/Fundraising, IT, and Education are invited to meet with our nomination team for positions that will become open in January 2020 and July 2020. Board Meetings are held once a month over the lunch hour. The time commitment is approximately 5 hours a month. Connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Seattle Milk Fund and its Board of Trustees.
- Committee Volunteer – Seattle Milk Fund’s committees help to shape programs, develop fundraising outreach, and more! Seattle Milk Fund is currently recruiting members for its Advisory Board and Finance and Program Committees. The Advisory Board meets every month in the evenings. Other committees tend to meet quarterly. The time commitment is approximately 3-5 hours a month. Connect with us at email@example.com to learn more about how you can make a difference on a committee.