Passionate about helping families? We are looking for your energy! Share your time and talents with us and get those feel-good feelings that come with giving back to your community. From one-time event volunteers to periodic committee or office work, we are looking for every kind of volunteer. Contact us at email@example.com or 206-526-7944 to begin volunteering and to be put on our volunteer opportunity email list.
Open volunteer positions:
- Child Care Program Advocate – This is a great, flexible position that allows you to directly connect with the students in our program. This at-home position requires, on average, one hour of volunteering per month. Our advocates support our students and their families throughout the academic quarter by providing encouragement, resources, and guidance as they progress towards graduation. By volunteering for this position, you will be offering our students the best preparation for life after graduation — giving them a much-needed boost for today’s competitive job market. Program Advocates are also welcome to attend Program Committee Meetings every other month.
- Storytime Volunteer – Share your love of books and storytelling with the children that attend the SMF approved childcare/preschool sites. This role can be once a week to once a month – whichever works best with your schedule.
- Application Reviewer – Assist the Program Committee with reviewing applications for acceptance in our Child Care Grant Program in May. This role takes place in the office.
- First Friday of the Month Club – We are always looking for people to help out in and around our office. Help us thank donors by writing letters, organize files, research development contacts, and more! This is a 2-hour volunteer ‘drop-in’ commitment on the first Friday of each month from 10 a.m.-12 noon. Office volunteers are also invited to attend Advancement Committee Meetings every other month. Upcoming dates are October 5, Nov 2, and Dec 7.
- Event Volunteer – There are a variety of volunteer positions available for our events…welcome guests, assist with event planning, procure donated items, and more! Volunteer shifts are typically 4 hours in length. Event volunteers are also welcome to attend Advancement Committee Meetings every other month.
- Create Your Own Fundraiser – Plan an event to benefit SMF programs! Tell us about your planned event and we will help promote it to our supporters and community.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-526-7944 to begin volunteering and to be put on our volunteer opportunity email list.
Board of Trustees and Committees
- Board Member – Seattle Milk Fund is currently recruiting new board members who are passionate about helping families create brighter futures through higher education. Those who want to share their expertise in the fields of Legal, HR, Finance, Marketing/Fundraising, IT, and Education are invited to meet with our nomination team. Board Meetings are held once a month over the lunch hour. The time commitment is approximately 5 hours a month. Connect with us at email@example.com to learn more about Seattle Milk Fund and its Board of Trustees.
- Committee Volunteer – Seattle Milk Fund’s committees help to shape programs, develop fundraising outreach, and more! Seattle Milk Fund is currently recruiting members for its Advisory, Finance, Program, and Advancement Committees. The Advisory Committee meets every other month in the evenings. Other committees tend to meet every other month during the day. The time commitment is approximately 3-5 hours a month. Connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how you can make a difference on a committee.