We fund applicants in the order in which we have received their application and as soon as funding is available.
Application Process: Complete an application only if you meet all of our eligibility requirements. Please call the office at 206-526-7944 if you have any questions about the process or any particular form. All application parts must be uploaded and attached to your online application. If you need to fax us part of your application, our fax number is 206-526-7292.
The following attachments will be required for your application:
- School and Financial Information:
- Class schedule for upcoming quarter – you must be a FULL-TIME STUDENT (12 credits for Fall, Winter, Spring and 10 in Summer) registered at one of our participating institutions.
- Current transcripts of your grades – you must have a 2.0 or better GPA.
- A copy of your 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which can be downloaded from the FAFSA site. We do not want your Financial Aid Status Notification (Report).
- Child care Information
- Part 2 to be completed by each child care provider you use for your children.
- Part 2 For Child Care Providers
- Part 2 for All-Day Kindergartens
- Completed IRS W9 Form from each child care provider. (downloadable form)
- A copy of child care provider’s DSHS License from each provider
- Personal Statement and References
- An essay sharing a little bit about yourself and your future academic plans and goals. You may use this to discuss any area of weakness on your application.
- Two current letters of recommendation from people who know you well (other than relatives) and can speak to your eligibility for and benefit from the grant.
- Complete your online application at your earliest convenience – partial applications will stay available for seven days before they expire.
- After we review your application materials and ensure that you meet our eligibility requirements, then we will notify you of waitlist status, or to schedule an interview or, send a letter of decline.
- If you are chosen for an interview, you will be contacted by the grant committee within 2 weeks of the interview regarding the status of your funding request. We maintain a waiting list with 12 family names on it in the event that funding becomes available. We interview new applicants year-round.
Thank you for your interest in the Seattle Milk Fund’s Child Care and Family Support Program.
NOTE: Renewing students will have to complete the online application (making any changes needed from their previous application–i.e. change in schools, daycare, address, email, phone, etc.). Students will also need to include their upcoming quarter’s class schedule, current transcript*, and part 2 of the application from the childcare provider. *The renewal application is due before the current quarter is complete. Therefore, you will need to apply and then send in your updated transcript/grades to email@example.com.